October 18, 2012

TRENDING // STATEMENT COATS

Living in Toronto especially in the months of November until March... we are bundled up in our coats, scarves, beanies and gloves. Toronto becomes a sea of black coats. Keyword was black coats... it gets super boring when you are on the subway and every person is in a black coat. Yes. I know black is a staple colour and it matches with everything but wouldn't it just be nice to NOT wear black. I'll admit I do have a black long wool coat but apart from that I have a purple peacoat that I wear often. Over the weekend, I dropped by Zara Eaton Centre and was completely floored by the amazing coats they have this season. Overall, this season could be my favourite collection. I would buy everything if I had all the money in the world. But, sadly, I don't.

Back on point, all coats can go with everything. All the coats I picked out could all be worn with a pair of jeans, a pair of slacks, skirts, and dresses. But the difference is that... they aren't black and they have something different about them. Statement pieces that makes you stand out of the crowd of the Canada Goose jackets and the TNA parkas. I would not recommend you wearing this in the below zero degree weather but when you are going out with friends or have a date... why not spruce up your outfit?







charisse
{images via Zara.com}

1 comment: