January 2, 2013

ACCESSORIES // BLOCK SHOP

If you look in my closet, you will notice my abundance collection of scarves.
Thin. Thick. Plain. Printed. Vintage. Designer. You name it. 
I just love scarves and I feel that it's one way if you want to spruce up your outfit without going overboard. 
So, when I discovered the Block Shop. I nearly hit the roof. 
I've been become a big fan of block printing ever since doing print media during school.
I am always at awe when I read about the process because it gives me more appreciation. 
And also, I get inspired to think why don't I create my own... maybe

Block Shop is founded by sisters Lily and Hopie Stockman, who works in conjunction with the Chipp family of master printers in Bagru, India. The family has been block printing for the last 350 years using natural dyes. Each scarf is printed one at a time with carved wooden blocks and non-toxic vegetable dyes on the finest Indian silk-cotton blend. View the process here



charisse
{all images via block shop}

No comments:

Post a Comment